Traveling With A Playstation 4/Playstation 5 Using Your Go Connect
We are doing a series of blog posts illustrating how to use your Go Connect to take over 15 different WiFi enabled devices with you when traveling. Our goal is to help you get the most of your Go Travel Router and Go Travel Pro Cellular Hotspot Router product.
In this article we describe how the few steps needed to use your Playstation 4 or Playstation 5 when traveling. Traveling with gaming consoles has become increasingly popular. They also illustrate the value of devices like the Go Connect because they don’t generally work well with many WIFi networks when traveling. Also, online gaming has become such a big part of our lives.
Playstation 4/Playstation 5 With Your Go Connect
To get the most out of your Playstation 4 or 5 console when traveling with your Go Connect we recommend following these steps:
Prior to walkthrough these steps be sure you have not yet powered up your Playstation 4 or Playstation 5.
Recommended: Use The Same WiFi Network Name You Use At Home
Step 1: Name Your Go Connect The Same As Your Home Network
We recommend naming your Go Gocnnect the same as your home WIFi network, including the same network name and password. Be sure the case (upper cases and lower cases) of the name and password are identical.
You can see our tips and trick page on how to change your Go Connect private network name.
If you’ve already named your Go Connect network the same as your network at home, continue.
Note: Naming your network the same as your home network while at home can cause confusion. We recommend you do this the first time you travel.
Step 2: Connect Your Go Connect To The Internet (for non-cellular versions)
If you have a Go Travel (non-cellular version) of a Go Connect, you will need to connect your Go Connect device to the internet. Simlpy launch the Go Travel App and join the WiFi network at your hotel, Airbnb, RV park or other location. If your location has a captive portal (what is a captive portal?) go ahead and enter the information and confirm you are fully connected to the internet.
Step 3: Turn On Your Playstation Console
Once your Go Connect is fully configured (including restarting if needed) and connected to the internet, go ahead and power on your Playstation Console,
Step 4: Enjoy Your Playstation 4 or Playstation 5
Your Playstation Console, will startup and find your Go Connect network.
Alternative: Using A Different Network Name Or Configuring A Playstation 4 or Playstation 5 Console
If you are a full time RVer or other user who may not have a “home network” or have a new Playstation 4 or Playstation 5 console, you will need to go through the network connection process to connect to your Go Connect. Then repeat steps 2-4 above as you change locations. Because your Go Connect network name does not change even when your location does, you will only need to setup your Playstation console the first time.
- Connect your phone to your Go Connect network and ensure it is connected to the internet (either with a cellular Go Travel Pro or by connecting to an internet connection with a Go Travel).
- Scroll over to the settings and press X to select the Toolbox icon.
- Scroll down and select Network in the options.
- Select the Set Up Internet Connection option in this menu.
- Choose the Use WiFI option on the screen.
- Select the Easy option
- Select your private WiFI network from the list and enter the password. You can find this information easily within the GoTravel app.
- Select the Test Internet Connection button.
- When it succeeds, you are connected. You should not need to repeat these steps, even as you change locations, unless you change your Go Connect private WiFi information in the future.